PeopleSoft says the CRM Analytics suite includes PeopleSoft Sales Activity Insight, Marketing Insight, Support Insight, Profitability Insight, and Customer Scorecard. These applications, they say, integrate data to give companies insight into the performance of their sales, marketing, and service programs.
"From a competitive standpoint, effective utilization of resources to attract and service customers is key," said Sam Clark, Program Director with META Group, Inc.'s Application Delivery Strategies. "Analytic applications, such as PeopleSoft's CRM Analytics, provide a good way for companies to focus on the key indicators of CRM performance."
"Companies recognize that measuring their customers' activities is critical to long-term success," said Chuck Teller, vice president and general manager for PeopleSoft's Enterprise Performance Management division. "PeopleSoft CRM Analytics enables them to increase customer satisfaction and retention, and improve their own profitability."
PeopleSoft says CRM Analytics applications can be implemented as stand-alone modules or as part
of the PeopleSoft CRM eBusiness suite. The applications include:
- PeopleSoft Marketing Insight -- Measures the performance of marketing campaigns and activities based on leads generated and qualified and the profiles of respondents.
- Sales Activity Insight -- Assesses the effectiveness of sales activities based on such criteria as pipeline status, forecasting accuracy, discount analysis, cycle time and fallout analysis.
- Support Insight -- Evaluates customer service activities by providing information on product quality, call and caseload trends, and performance to service level agreements.
- Customer Scorecard -- Offers key performance indicators for measuring the effectiveness of CRM activities in achieving customer satisfaction goals.
- Profitability Insight -- Identifies customer trends and performs comparisons to track costs, profit and value to determine the best, not biggest, customers.
According to PeopleSoft, CRM Analytics applications began shipping in December 2000.