Monitoring social media is a key part of social CRM strategies – which means interest is high in software designed to do so. One player in the social monitoring space is NetBase, a company whose client roster includes Coca-Cola, Kraft and J. D. Power & Associates. This week NetBase is introducing several new monitoring solutions for its multi-lingual NetBase ESI Platform, which powers the weekly Sentiment Tracker in the Wall Street Journal.
According to NetBase, the new solutions include:
- Campaign and Product Launch Tracking, a real-time tracking solution that offers a view into buzz and sentiment, and insight into the drivers of customer opinions, emotions and behaviors.
- Issue Tracking, which helps companies identify and mitigate emerging issues before they become costly crises.
- Brand Analysis, which helps companies understand customer opinions and emotions about key brand attributes and evaluate trends over time, by analyzing up to one year of historical data on-demand.
- Competitive Intelligence, which allows companies to analyze strengths and weaknesses of competitors in real-time.
- The NetBase Social Insight Composer, an application builder with a data visualization library and business-ready templates that allows users to create customized dashboards for specific needs.
The ESI platform utilizes a natural language processing engine, along with text analytics and machine-learning tools. NetBase says the platform can process content in Spanish, French, German and Portuguese, in addition to English.
The social monitoring market has heated up over the past six months, with Oracle buying Rightnow Technologies in October and Salesforce.com launching the Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud in December. Also in December, NetBase signed a sales partnership agreement with SAP AG.