The market for human capital management (HCM) solutions is showing no signs of slowing down.
Today, KnowledgeAdvisors announced the launch of the company's Talent Analytics suite, a collection of cloud-based tools meant to help businesses make sense out of their human capital data and derive insights that help them align their workforce initiatives to their goals. The suite consists of various HR-focused editions of Metrics that Matter, the firm's analytics platform.
The cloud software adheres to Talent Development Reporting Principles standards, according to the company. Its guidelines are supported by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD).
Making the company's case with an analysis of its own, the KnowledgeAdvisors says that its technology offers businesses a competitive edge -- provided that they embrace it. "When a company wants to measurably improve the effectiveness of its onboarding efforts, or an organization needs to assess and manage its critical leadership development programs, the Talent Analytics Suite will help them drive meaningful, positive change for improved return on their talent development investments," said CEO and founder Kent Barnett in company remarks.
"Our research shows that our most dedicated and engaged clients enjoy remarkable financial performance, outperforming the S & P 500 by more than 15 percent," informed Barnett.
The KnowledgeAdvisors Talent Development suite is comprised of six Metrics that Matter editions, including:
- Onboarding Edition - Increases retention for new hires and helps get new employees up to speed.
- Learning Edition - The Metrics that Matter flagship edition, and the company's data-driven decision-making toolkit.
- Leadership Edition - Software and measurement tools aimed at helping companies maximize strategic investments and drive improved manager capabilities, strategic vision, and operational execution.
- Capabilities Edition - Helps align a talent pool's operational capabilities to the evolving needs of an organization.
- Engagement Edition - Measures an organization's engagement levels, including the McBassi People Index from McBassi & Company.
- Performance Edition - Surveys and tools that track progress toward achieving strategic goals.
KnowledgeAdvisors is supplementing its product slate with Talent Analytics Consulting Services. They include talent measurement strategy development, executive reporting and dashboard design and data analysis services. Barnett boasts that taken altogether, the launch puts "KnowledgeAdvisors at the forefront of the Big Data movement in HR."
It's a claim that won't go uncontested for long. Both Oracle and SAP, business software giants that are pouring resources into growing their Big Data analytics portfolio, are embroiled in an HCM showdown.
SAP made headlines in late 2011 by announcing that it was buying HCM specialist SuccessFactors for a whopping $3.4 billion. Oracle acquired Taleo for $1.9 billion in early 2012. The company followed that up in September when it announced it was snapping up New York City-based SelectMinds.
Looming behind these rivals is IBM. The IT giant spent $1.3 billion to acquire Kenexa, a cloud-based human capital management company.
Pedro Hernandez is a contributing editor at Enterprise Apps Today and InternetNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @ecoINSITE.